Monday, December 19, 2022

Good Mornings!

Sometimes I think mornings are the best part of the day – when the sun is at a gentle angle and all delights and disappointments and challenges and problems and opportunities that will come with the day, are softened by the morning mist.  

Today we are at my son’s house on the Hudson River.  I put off getting up this morning – for just a little while.  I put off checking the news, checking emails and messages — and just enjoyed the peace.  

 

I listen as waves splash against the shore after a large freighter has made its way up the river to Albany’s harbor.  A whistle sounds from across the river as a train carries commuters down to the city.

 

A mockingbird, perched somewhere on a rooftop, joyfully sings its repertoire of songs, and a small bird is loudly shouting its 2-note call over and over.  To me it always sounds like he’s saying “Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!” 

 

Eventually I had to get up.  I rolled over, softly kissed my sleeping husband on the forehead and got out of bed.  When I opened my computer, these words came spilling out!   I hope they will be some inspiration for someone out there. 

 

And, like that little bird sitting on its birdhouse I say “Thank you!  Thank you, God, for another day!”  


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment