Wednesday, May 15, 2019


Be Still ...

Waves crash with thunders roar
Washing sandy beaches clean, 
Before 
Receding back into the sea.
 “Be still and know that I am God!”

Streams tumble through rocky crevice
Over leaves of orange and rust.
Swirling 
Into ponds of clear blue water.
“Be still and know that I am God!”

Cold water laps the shore each morn
Till sun’s bright warmth draws it 
Spiraling
Like miniature tornadoes toward the sky
“Be still and know that I am God!”

From feathery hemlocks and gnarly oaks 
Birds of blue and yellow and black
Sing
And fly to greet the dawn
“Be still and know that I am God!”

City bustle. Voices shouting. Motors. Horns
That stab your ears and pierce your brain. 
Hurry.  
Schedules to meet. Places to go.
Still 
         "... know that I am God"


"Be Still and Know that I am God"  - Matthew 8: 23-27

No comments:

Post a Comment