Saturday, September 22, 2018

First Day of Fall

... and happy to be me!



Today is the first day of Fall!  Didn't feel like it this morning.  Woke up to misty rain and very hot humid air.  I was tired and anything but happy.  I had a good breakfast and enjoyed getting our house organized after a long trip, and as the day went on the sun came out a breeze came up, the air gradually became dryer and I began to feel better.

By evening clouds returned bringing the distinct coolness of Fall so I pulled on a sweater and rode my bike the short distance down to the bay.   Clouds hung low across the water.  The sky was washed with layers of yellow, orange, blue, purple and grey, and sunlight filtered through soft rain showers on the other side of the bay.

As I sat there at the edge of the water, enjoying the breathtaking glow of sunset, a bald eagle swooped across the trees and dove down into the water.  It's white tail and white head feathers caught the sunlight as it flew off with a fish dangling from it's talons.

Just then I heard the noisy squawk of a flock of geese returning to the Eastern Shore.  The familiar sound announcing Yes indeed.  Fall is here!  And I felt the joy of it!

The other night, at a family dinner, we were playing "table topics".  The question was asked "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?"  My immediate answer was Right Here!  

How blest I am to be living in this beautiful place -- so close to nature -- with so many friends -- and the love of family all over the the country.

So on this first day of Fall I just have to say, I'm thankful to be Me!

And I hope all of you reading this will be able to take time to enjoy the beautiful season of Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment